Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I Know This Means Something

Well let's see...one thing that I know that truly means something...
In the spirit of the Thanksgiving passed by ever so quickly, I know that my family means something. Cheesy yes, true? Also yes.
I know that not everyone can agree with me, sometimes family doesn't mean that much to them, but mine does to me. My aunts, uncles and cousins have been there for me and loved me even though I rarely get to see them (they live in the cornfields of Iowa). Each time we have some sort of a get together, they always remind me of how much I am apart of that family, even if I am about 200 miles away from them.
I went through the typical teenager phase of not caring so much, but this past year has really shown me the wonders and pay-offs of being outgoing and embracing my family. I actually cared about an aunt's birthday and bought her a gift. She was a bit MIA because she was on depression medication and she was just out of it. But they redid her perscription makeup and now she's as lively as she used to be, if not more.
She got a new hairstyle, and got her ears repierced (a plus for me, I bought her a pair of earrings and hadn't even realized she didn't wear any before that week).
But I strayed too far, I know family matters. It does.
Hopefully when I go to Iowa State or University of Iowa I'll be able to see them more and actually be involved in their lives.
If I feel this much love now, I'm excited to see what happens when I'm a measley few miles away.

2 comments:

  1. I think your post reveals some interesting things about our relationships with people we love although we may not understand the relationships. I like how you talk about what happens when we really start to consider our relationships and what they mean to us and realize how important those people really are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I think it is nice how you helping your aunt out. This blog does show how much you care about her and your family.

    ReplyDelete