Monday, December 17, 2012

The feeling of being...


a·lone 
/əˈlōn/

Adjective
1. Having no one else present; on one's own.
2. Without others' help or participation; single-handed.

Synonyms
lone - single - lonely - lonesome - sole - solitary

This is a word I've been able to describe myself in many scenarios. There are certain aspects of my home life that I won't discuss but, in turn, affect me to the extent of being alone.

From a good blog. 
There is one certain time where I've actually been alone though. I had the house to myself and it was around nine in the morning. I didn't want to go downstairs, thinking my mother was there. So I stayed in my bed, with the clock turned around and the t.v. off. In my reality, to be alone, you must let time go; time can be company, whether good or bad. As I said, it was already noon, and I wasn't tired of course. However, once you lose sense of time, people, and the outside distractions, confined to a room, what else is there in life? This is where Mersault had the right idea in sleeping. I just slept and slept and slept. You don't have to be tired to sleep, I know that and I've known that for quite some time. Being driven to either parent's house, I've learned to sleep just to pass the time. 

Being alone isn't a bad thing though. Maybe if you have health problems or something. Even then, without people you have time to think about yourself in your own view. While you're with other people you usually only shape yourself to who you want people to see you as instead of who you really are. Of course, who you really are may be what you want people to see you as, except you try a little too much sometimes, thus making it fake. With others, be it co-workers or friends, etc., you put on a psychological act. Just analyze the way you act towards your parents, your friends and your superiors at work. You're just as much of an actor, just one in real life, rather than entertainment for others. 

Have time to think about yourself. Have time to sleep when you're not sleepy. Have time to lay in bed and just think. Have time to be alone


No comments:

Post a Comment